myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers by 2026 lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro's founder and CEO here. We recently received a prestigious Audacious Prize to accelerate myAgro’s reach in the next 5 years. Join a winning team that is changing the lives of hardworking farmers across West Africa.
About the Role:
You will help accelerate myAgro's ability to grow, reach 100% sustainability, and increase its impact. This is a full-time position in the Tanzania HQ office. In this Tanzania role, the Digital Associate will lead a team in the implementation of experiments and pilots for digital products, tools, and processes related to reducing cost and easily scaling in our Digital Transformation. (These products will capture value in the areas of customer acquisition, payments collection, product delivery, and customer retention as well as customer satisfaction).
As a Digital Associate, you will implement Pilot and Experiments and other initiatives for myagro's digital transformation roadmap in Tanzania. These projects are highly confidential in nature. You will have experience working with both business and technology executive leaders in addressing strategic challenges, defining clear approaches, frameworks, and backlogs, in addition to identifying and analyzing possible effects.
- Execute Lean experiments within the project tests and pilots.
- Implements tests that validate new ideas, concepts, and technology through close collaboration with the farmers and various vendors.
- Manage mobilization of project resources within myAgro and vendors.
- Undergraduate degree in business or similar
- Experience in the agriculture, consumer experience industry, and technology/ Digital solution businesses
- Ability to execute projects / Tasks and program
- Ability to quickly assess complex problems, prioritize main issues, and focus on relevant facts
- Strong ability to connect with people
- Health insurance
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year - varies slightly according to local labor laws
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers every day!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews, and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
How to Apply