Youth Liaison Officer for Tanzania Private Sector Strengthening Activity
The USAID Tanzania Feed the Future Private Sector Strengthening Activity (PSSA), implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Youth Liaison Officer. This position will be located in the Tetra Tech office in Iringa.
Position Description/Summary: Working under the supervision of the Iringa based Private Sector Partnership Manager (PSPM), the Youth Liaison Officer will be the activity’s main point of contact with the youth organizations and youth members of PSSA’s partner associations in Iringa, Mbeya, and Morogoro. The Officer’s primary objectives will be to: (1) enhance the activity’s understanding of the needs and interests of youth enterprise and of the services available to them by engaging with youth enterprises and institutions and youth focused institutions and service providers; (2) support PSSA partners to conduct outreach to youth members and other youth groups; (3) monitor the impact of PSSA and partner interventions on youth enterprises; and (4) share learning with other USAID and other donor, government, and private sector initiatives targeting youth enterprise.
- Support partner associations in their outreach to youth members and non-members, including presentations, events, and other communications;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of partner led activities with their youth members as well as outreach to non-members;
- Support PSPM to collect data and information from partner associations and their members that can be used in support of policy advocacy and decision making;
- Assist in data analysis to build evidence of the impacts of effective and/or ineffective policy implementation and enforcement on youth enterprise;
- Support project learning, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation by collecting data and information from partner associations and their members;
- Support PSSA strategic communications by collecting testimonials, drafting success stories, and contributing to periodic reports and other technical deliverables;
- Support planning and logistical arrangements for project activities (e.g., conferences, workshops, training, focus group discussions, etc.); and
- Participate in team meetings, quarterly reviews, strategic planning activities and pause and reflections.
- B.A. in relevant field (agriculture, business, economics, law, etc.) and two years of experience working in a relevant field required;
- Knowledge of the following preferred: agricultural market economy of SAGCOT regions; business processes like planning, financial management, marketing, etc.; services promoting youth enterprise development; training, research, survey, and focus group methods;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili and strong writing and presentation skills required; and
- Tanzanian residence and work permit required.
How to Apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/YouthLiaisonOfficerIringa
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.